Project / Support Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 29, 2021, 03:23: AM
Home Help Search Login Register
D-Web Web Site Creator D - Web Web Site Creator On-line HTML Editor No Programming knowledge required. Web Global Net PayPal-Cart Shopping Cart System PayPal - Kart Shopping Cart System for E-Commerce over the internet, that's easy to use. Web Global Net Newsletter Manager Newsletter Manager On-line Newsletter Creator with Email Subscriber Management.
Ring Central Discount
Web Global Net Web Application & Web Development Project Center  |  Technical Issues  |  PayPal Related  |  Topic: calculation for adding PayPal fee to price for final selling price 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Send this topic Print
Author Topic: calculation for adding PayPal fee to price for final selling price  (Read 6743 times)
admin
« on: September 06, 2010, 07:48: PM »

Paypal normally charges a 2.9% processing fee +.30 per transaction

So a product selling at $10 would incur a .29 fee + .30 or $.59 to you for a net of $9.41

Many want to pass this fee cost on to the customer so how do you do it.

The formula is simple - figure what you want to net out first - in this case $10 (a)
The processing fee is 2.9% (b)
The transaction cost is .30 (c)

first you need to find what I call the divider (d) = 1-b (2.9%) = .971 (d)

Now it's easy

a/d+c

$10 divided by .971 +.30 = $10.598 - rounded  up to $10.60

I typically round it up to the next whole $ so I'd sell it for $11.00

Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Send this topic Print 
Web Global Net Web Application & Web Development Project Center  |  Technical Issues  |  PayPal Related  |  Topic: calculation for adding PayPal fee to price for final selling price « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length