Project / Support Center
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 11, 2019, 04:10: PM
Home Help Search Login Register
D-Web Web Site Creator D - Web Web Site Creator On-line HTML Editor No Programming knowledge required. Web Global Net PayPal-Cart Shopping Cart System PayPal - Kart Shopping Cart System for E-Commerce over the internet, that's easy to use. Web Global Net Newsletter Manager Newsletter Manager On-line Newsletter Creator with Email Subscriber Management.
Ring Central Discount
Web Global Net Web Application & Web Development Project Center  |  Product Support  |  D-Web Web Site Creator & Content Management System  |  D-Web User Support  |  Topic: Home Page 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Home Page  (Read 13114 times)
admin
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 03:44: PM »

We uploaded your images you emailed us - the problem was that both files were damaged. We opened each in a graphic editing program and resaved them - this took care of the problem. One other issue may have been that you had spaces in the image file names - in the future before you upload an image rename then and take out any spaces.
Report to moderator   Logged
admin
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 03:15: PM »

Hi

I just successfully uploaded 2 new jpg images without any problems - you can see the largest one on your sponsors page (delete it after viewing it). We also receive email notices if any of the sites using D-Web have a error when editing a page and so far we have received none from your site. So I'm not sure what you are doing wrong. Email us the 2 images you have been trying to upload and we'll see if we get an error also.

Make sure you are using the most current version of Internet Explorer - you can also download firefox (which is a better browser anyways) you can download that at http://firefox.com - see if you still get the same error.

If you get an error copy it and post it here so we can see what's going on.

Also remember that your image file size can be no larger than 1,950 megs
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 03:17: PM by Web Global Net » Report to moderator   Logged
jennifer okorn
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 02:40: PM »

OK...Home page is fixed.

I had a local web person trying to help me with the sponsor page.  The sponsors that you added were uploaded years ago and they aren't sponsors any longer so I had to delete those.  We can't even upload photos any longer either. So, the local web person has indicated that there must be a problem with the ktml installation.  Can you please check this out.  I would be happy to forward the two logos that we are trying to upload for you to see, but I guess if I can't do pictures either than something else is wrong.

Thank you...
admin
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 11:04: AM »

There can only be 1 Home page and it must page # 1. I have adjusted your database table and reassigned the home page you had as page  # 34 to page # 1 everything works fine now for the home page - just edit the Home page in your page list and DO NOT add another one as this will cause the Home Menu not to work when the user clicks on another menu link . Page #'s are automatically generated sequentially within the database so no you can not change the page# itself and that is why I had to go into the database table and change it back to 1 manually. That is also why you need to only edit the home page currently in your page listing and not create any more new home pages.

Regarding your sponsor page I added a new table for you and inserted 3 ads I found that you had uploaded previously. To add more just insert them into the other table cells available. Why you could not upload some jpg files is unknown as all other image uploaded previously use the .jpg file extension so I suspect that the file you tried to upload was damaged or not named properly.

Try opening that image in a graphic editing program like Photoshop and save it again make sure to include a .jpg or .jpeg at the end of the file name itself.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 11:09: AM by Web Global Net » Report to moderator   Logged
jennifer okorn
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 02:58: AM »

I just deleted page 33 and did a whole new home page.  When I pressed insert, page 34 appeared and I can't change that.  The home page is correct if you click the left navigation to go to the home page, but the letter on the home page should automatically appear when people log into our site.  In the past, you have had to fix the stuff that appears on the very first screen that people see. 

Please answer this also...we have sponsors that would like to see their logos on our sponsor page.

Also, I am trying to add logos to the sponsor page.  Sponsors email them to me.  I save it to the desktop and the message I get when I try to download  is...

skipping dodd.logo.  Error reading image properties. File extension JPG is not allowed for upload.  What does that mean and how can I fix it?
admin
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 01:39: AM »

Just delete page 33 and edit the Home page that is left
jennifer okorn
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 10:37: PM »

It won't let me change page 33 to page 1 and now the home page is blank.  I still need the second part of the first message answered about the logos...
admin
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 10:39: AM »

The problem is you have 2 pages listed as HOME page in the page list, you can only have one and it needs to be Page # 1. Update Home Page # 1 and delete Home Page # 33 and you should be ok
jennifer okorn
« on: April 29, 2008, 02:36: AM »

Hello!  I just created a new letter for the Home page.  You can see it when you click on home page, but when you first go to the site, the old letter is still appearing.  I don't think I have the ability to change things on the very first page.  Can you please delete the letter that is on the Home page when you go to the site and replace it with the letter that is on the Home page link.

Also, I am trying to add logos to the sponsor page.  Sponsors email them to me.  I save it to the desktop and the message I get is...

skipping dodd.logo.  Error reading image properties. File extension JPG is not allowed for upload.  Does this mean I have to get it into JPEG form or something?
Pages: [1] Go Up Send this topic Print 
Web Global Net Web Application & Web Development Project Center  |  Product Support  |  D-Web Web Site Creator & Content Management System  |  D-Web User Support  |  Topic: Home Page « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length